Saturday, November 29, 2008

THE RETURN OF THE WANDERER

As I was just trying my hand at fixing plantains this afternoon, 3 young children brought Dobbie back. 

 They had a rope around his collar and just undid it and left.

I said "Muchas Gracias ninos, muy bueno.  thanks so much."  
I didn't get any answer, just big serious eyes in very Indio faces.  The children were dirtier than the usual Costa Rica child so I assume they were the kids of the pickers, well actually pickers themselves.

Dobbie wasn't hungry so he had been fed and because he is a big eater, it may be that was a turning point for the family...another big mouth to feed.

In any case, they knew where he had come from, so the borrowing of him was intentional and not because they thought he was a stray.

I have not emailed my hostess about this and guess I had better, because the whole neighborhood knows he's been gone. 

I am, to say the least, very relieved about this..and the dog stays on the lead, in the garage or (horrors and not allowed) in the house at night.  I'm giving him a bath and brushing him off really good right now so he is clean enough to come in.


No comments:

Post a Comment